Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: LET'S TALK SOCKS!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Darla60's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2005
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Surely there are sources other than eBay for socks that will fit our AG girls. I did a search here but came up dry. I will snoop around while I am out shopping today...Wal-Mart, Target, Children's Place and OshKosh. If you've been lucky enough to find them locally, what size works best? Preemie, 0-3 mos.? Input, Paaleeez. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Darla

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good Luck! I've looked, and even the smallest baby socks I could find, were loose on a My Twinn doll, which has much bigger feet. I think you need to find a doll store, which might carry accessories. There are plenty of websites on line that carry them, so you don't necessarily need to buy them on Ebay.
    I make and sell AG clothes, out of my home, and once in awhile, I put a dress or two on Ebay.
    I carry all the accessories, but don't list socks on Ebay.
    If you want, you can always PM me and I can let you know what I have, prices, and shipping. I charge minimum shipping, and my prices are lower than Ebay. I've never posted pictures on this board, and am not sure how to do it. I'm learning all over with a new camera......my old one had 3 1/2" floppies, and my new one, of course, doesn't. I also have a new computer, no disk drive, so it's a lot of new technology for a senior citizen.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually I use Corelle doll socks, they are sold at most independant toy stores that carry corelle dolls. I really like them.

    Ashley

  4. #4
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The majority of socks sold for AG dolls come from monique. You can purchase them here.

    http://www.monique.com/hosiery01.html

    Monique is a wholesale company however, I think they do retail business if you call or order a minimum amount of merchandise.

    Nann

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 16, 2006 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Nann ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you knit, there are lots of free sock patterns...I have made several pair for my dolls

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can't you order socks right from the catalouge?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Darla60's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2005
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is great info you guys! Thanks alot! I had the link to Monique which is a wonderful source. I especially like the idea of whipping them up myself on the sewing machine. Only cuz I want them right NOW and hate to wait for them to arrive if I order them. lol Thanks again! I will probably order some and try my hand at stitching some up. I think that would be faster than knitting them and less bulky.


    Darla

  8. #8
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you don't mind seems, and you can sew, you can also make socks. I've made tights and socks out of adult socks before. It's actually quite easy, but you need to use socks with a pretty high elasticity to them (especially for tights), and are also fairly thin. For doll socks, you use the top of a regular sock, and sew one seam straight across far enough down to where you want the toes to go(go over it a few times), and then two seams down the center of the sock with a little space between them to cut the socks apart (again sewing the seams a few times.) Then you cut them apart and turn them inside out. (If you have a serger, you can just serge them.) It's really simple!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •